Monday, November 09, 2009

You are never far.

I thought I would stick these early roughs up. For the Family Guy Road to the Multiverse we threw in ideas even before we got the job. I took it as being more Sleeping Beauty but the director Greg really wanted to keep the cartoon proportion. My first pass at Brian with Tony Pulham's color and BG. A more Fox and the Hound version of Brian then I started messing with a Baby Weems version of Stewie ( in the same run for "Look how gayly we run "). A Briar Rose Lois with a Prince Phillip Peter. The big Stewie was a month before we got the final design but other than his larger final head proportion is almost exactly what we used.

11 comments:

MB Thomas said...

The Prince Phillip Peter would have been friggin' hilarious! But the final version was pretty good. Just curious, what were the original concepts for Chris and Meg.

Peter Song said...

wow! you have very many sweet stuff here

TotalD said...

Thanks Peter =)

PeterRabbit said...

I love your drawings, Darlie. Congratulations on the nomination! :-)

TotalD said...

We actually only took shots at Stewie Brian ,Lois and Peter Malcom. This was just musing before the job actually gelled . It took months to get the budget sorted .

PeterRabbit said...

"Thanks, Peter. =)"

You're welcome, Darlie. :-)

Michael Britton said...

It's ALWAYS a wonderful day for pie! Thanks for sharing this with us, and for your great creative work! My problem is, I can't get that damned song out of my head!

TotalD said...

Yeah sorry about that =)

TotalD said...

Sorry Malcom, I totally missed your question. I actually never did designs after the first characters . It was from the Family Guy designers and one designer from outside . These were actually freebies.

Mary Jane said...

Wow! I like the dog animation. Maybe because I love dogs very much and I have 4 of them.

TotalD said...

Thanks Daxen. I love doggies to. I loved the one in UP.